or 2b. Login in with your registered username / password and select 'Submit an Article' from the User Menu located on the right side of the homepage, about half way down the page.
3. Enter your Name and Email Address in the provided boxes.
4. Enter an appropriate/catchy Title of Article.
5. Use the provided text editor to enter and format content for the article / story. Content can be copied/pasted from other sources. Keep in mind that the first 90-120 characters of what you enter will be displayed on the homepage as a lead-in to your article / story. The lead-in should be a short, catchy blurb to entice the reader to view the entire article / story.
6. Any images associated with your article / story will have to be uploaded to the CSSDA
web server. The image that is used as an icon for your article / story on the homepage can either be uploaded as a separate image or taken from the first image included within your article / story
6a. To select/upload a specific image to be displayed as your article's/story's icon on the homepage, click on the Choose File button located below the editor and use the file browser to find/upload the image from your local computer.
6b. To select/upload one or more images for display within your article you have a couple of options. For images included when you copied/pasted content your article / story from another source, you start by double clicking on the broken image placeholder box, or right clicking on the box to bring up the Image Properties dialog box. You then click on the Browse Server button. If your article / story doesn't have an image and/or you want to add additional images to it, you can add them by positioning your cursor to where you want the image to be displayed, then selecting the 'image Button' icon located on the second row of icons for the editor (not the upload image option located below the editor). When the File Browser opens, navigate to the appropriate folder for storing the image (i.e., /data/dancePromos). If the image you want to use has been previously uploaded, you can select/re-use it by simply clicking on it. If the image you want to use isn't already available on the server, click on the Choose Files button to find, and then select 'Send it to the Server' to have an image from your local computer sent to the server. After uploading, click on the desired image in the File Browser to use it within your article / story. With the Images Properties dialog box open, if you want the image to be a link, you can specify the URL (web address) for it by selecting the Link Tab at the top of the box, and entering the appropriate URL (e.g. http://www.google.com) and Target [generally this will be New Window (_blank)].
6c. After selecting/uploading all of the images to be displayed within your article / story, click on each image you've inserted to adjust the image's properties. Set its width, height to display at a size suitable to your article / story. Be sure that the aspect ratio is locked (icon shows lock locked) so that the image isn't distorted when its height or width is changed. Set the images HSpace to 8 and its Vspace to 6 to give it some separation from surrounding text. Set Align to either left or right depending upon which side of your text you would like the image displayed.
7. When you're finished entering your article / story content, scroll down to, and enter the required Word Verification code (i.e. the code displayed via the image). If you can't make out the currently given code, click on the recycle arrows icon to obtain a different code. After entering the matching code, click on 'Submit' to have your article / story sent for publication.
8. After submitting your article / story, you should receive an email confirming that it has been submitted review/publication depending upon your authorization level.
If you encounter any problems with submitting an article / story or have any concerns with regards to your article / story on the web site, please contact the CSSDA
web master at CSSDAweb@gmail.com
Thank you for contributing...